One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Thursday 17 February 2011

Turn Around House - Monday 7.2.11


I'm going to put a PLINTH IN THEIR LOFT, it'll be over the, new, extra thick, loft insulation. It was due to be put in straight after Christmas, but that burst pipe put paid to all my plans. 


So I've come back to this house with a pile of old wood from my place and job number one is to rip out all the old nails.


Then cut the wood to length and drill holes where the screws will go through and secure these new joists to the old ones below.



That took me most of the day.

NOTE TO SELF - BUY AN ELECTRIC SAW- or new bushes for the one on the shelf in the workshop!


I'll keep you posted on how I got on with this little job - later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.