One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 27 February 2011

Stairing A problem In The Face


today we spent a bit of time working out the structural details. You know, the ones that mean the stairs will stay put when we take out the wedges and chocks that hold it in place. 


Anything we put in place now needs to fit in with the next phase of stair building. As we're putting the stairs in from the TOP DOWN, we have a few unique difficulties.


 The joist holding up the staircase has been permanently fixed into position. The newel post is in hand (something a bit different) and the beam to support the top of the stairs will have to be found, as it will be an exposed one. Doesn't have to be, but why not add in even more character while we have the chance.


Me, once the brain work was over, I built a couple of  IKEA kitchen cupboards to go into The Turn Around House. It's the last job in their kitchen.


It only took 10 minutes to get this far!


and another 2 hours to get to this point. Both cupboards have fairly major modifications. Hopefully, they'll fit to perfection.
FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.