One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Saturday 26 February 2011

Faffi-Nabout


Today was the day to secure the stairs and build the small landing at the bottom of them. Then I said,
'That space for the landing looks a bit narrow, and the stairs aren't lined up with the mark on the wall.'

MeWally standing on the new staircase - not yet attached to anything - the stairs that is!
Oh dear. Here we go again. We re-roped the staircase - in case we drop it as we move it, put back in the props and un-wedged and un-blocked it. It had a few moments of scary swinging, with the props teetering wildly, before I grabbed hold of first my nerve, and then the stairs. Everything steadied.

After a bit of tapping and measuring, we were happy with the new position of the staircase,


Which meant a tidy up.

This small alteration had taken several hours to prep and execute.

BOY WERE WE GLAD TO TIDY EVERYTHING AWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.