One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Monday 21 February 2011

Demolition Crew - Monday 21.2.11

We have a couple of days at home, together, this week. I don't know about you, but there's nothing better than a bit of wrecking to strengthen the marital bonds .... at least I think that's what the RELATE counsellor said!

At last, we've taken out the stairs to the 2nd floor of our house. No going back now.


You can see the old stairs on their side on the floor.


We removed the ceiling, floor joists and wiring over the point where the new stairs will come up.


Once everything was out of the way, the wiring to the 2nd floor was reconnected. This floor is scheduled to be rewired, but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.