One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 19 December 2010

Turn Around House - Friday 17.12.10


Last time I was at the Turn Around House, Vic said, Hey, I think we gotta problem.

I came into the house, fully expecting to find another bloody LEAK, but no!

IT WAS WORSE : (

That worktop (counter top)MeWally had so expertly fitted, with it's  virtually invisible routed corner joints and millimetre precision gap for the cooker; yes those worktops, well the space for the cooker was 
TOO SMALL. 

It's a space that was perfect when the worktops were fitted - PERFECT. We double checked, measuring the space. Measuring the cooker. Measuring the space. Measuring the cooker. You get the idea.

THE SPACE WAS TOO SMALL. HALF A CENTIMETRE TOO SMALL.

How can that be?
WHY?

The tiles - of course - I tiled the walls after the worktops were fitted. MeWally didn't allow for the thickness of the tiles, and I never gave it a thought. And there we have it, here we have it. Or more like it, here we are


in the Turn Around House routing, chiselling, and surforming the unnecessary material away. It had been a smartly finished end, now it's a raw edge.  

Monday will see me putting the finishing strip on the raw edge before the gas engineer comes to call and fit the cooker.

WILL IT NEVER END???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.