One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Friday 3 December 2010

The Turn Around House Friday 3.12.10



Clean up day - at last.




I had to pull the loo off its' outlet. They're not nailed on, simply pushed on. Easy, as long as care's taken not to spill any 'liquid'. The lino was to run under all items in the bathroom suite. The bath legs will be rested on wooden bearers, which the lino has been cut around. All the taps have flexi pipes attached, each with isolator, which means that if we need/want to change the flooring type in the future, we can by undoing screws/fixings and lifting the ceramics up and out of the way. In the past, with rigid copper pipes, we couldn't move stuff and so all flooring was cut around the ceramics, which meant any 'leaks' could trickle around the edges and soak into the floor boards. Not good.




The carpet fitters from NAILSWORTH CARPETS came and did a high speed  and MOST EXCELLENT job for less money than the rest.




I'd filled the kitchen with a lot of the stuff that had been hanging around the house. I had to put it somewhere in order to give the Nailsworth Carpets fitters a clear house to work in.



Then I cleared a space just big enough for me to tile. It was, to say the least, SNUG.



Yesterday we laid out the carpet that was to be fitted in the conservatory. It's been stored for a year in folds - the carpet, not the conservatory! I could still see the creases this morning.




The conservatory had been prepared yesterday and looked so clean and a lot less rotten. It isn't finished though, as you can see.


I'll post a piccy of the red carpet in there, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.