One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Turn Around House Wednesday 30.11.10


Normally, I'd go and garden on a Wednesday, but not today. 

IT IS FREEZING OUT THERE!

I got on with the tiling of 
THAT BATHROOM!


At one point, today, my fingers screamed with the cold. The warm water in the tile cutter (out in the garden) had chilled. The water froze as it sprayed from the cutting wheel. The deck of the machine was icy, making the tiles slide about as I attempted to cut them. The water on the tile froze, and my paper tissue, for wiping the wet tiles, was stiff with ice. The chips and slurry from the newly cut tiles froze into frosty shards and stuck to the deck of the cutter, if not swept away promptly.

After all my suffering, the tiling is just about done. Grouting tomorrow, then clean up and flooring down. 

On Friday night, MeWally will begin to plumb in the bathroom suite. By then the house will have been carpeted and I'll be tiling in the kitchen. 

HOME RUN.

I'll need a holiday after this -

HINT HINT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.