One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 9 January 2011

Chemdry Come To Call - Thurday 6.1.11


Here it is then, the before picture - Boxing day - well, taken the day after actually,


and today,  11 days later. Sams' place has dried out a bit,


over this past week and a half. STILL WET THOUGH.
PRAY FOR MILD WEATHER - P L E A S E !

It's OK though as CHEMDRY have been and put in one of the 5, 
YES F I V  E, dehumidifiers. Oh boy, Sams' place will be dry in a trice!


Sams' phone shots of her loft show a pretty desperate state of affairs


with wet walls and flooring,


VERY WET FLOORING 11 DAYS ON.


Sadley, as I've already mentioned, there's only ONE DEMUHIDIFIER in the entire building, and that's IN THE PORCH!


Thank goodness for professionals:


It's THEIR EXCEPTIONAL EXPERTISE that all of us pay our insurance for. AND BEFORE YOU ASK - the dehumidifier company were
SUPPLIED BY THE INSURANCE COMPANY ....... EVENTUALLY.


Meanwhile, down on the ground floor, in the 'passed as DRY' (by CHEMDRY)  kitchen,  we found peeling floor tiles and puddles under the fridgefreezer and tumble drier. I dread to think what's going on under the kitchen cupboards! 

AT WHAT POINT DO WE STOP LOOKING FOR WATER?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.