One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Flooded House - Tuesday 25.1.11


Dave Leggy has done the best ever job on the plastering. He is a STAR and a LEGEND.


I've cleaned up all the little drips he missed. Took about half an hour. As you can see, they were tiny - no trouble at all.


The ceilings in the kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms have been painted now and all look something like this ( the kitchen), smooth and beautiful; SHARP.


The living room was finalized today, which means we have to wait a few days before we can go near it with paint.Looks good though, don't you think?


I realized that with being ill and then away, that I hadn't posted a shot of the loft with it's 270mm thick insulation and new floor. Lovely job thanks to GLYN BOWEN, NAILSWORTH PROPERTY MAINTENANCE. 

I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a great team around me. All topped off with BELLAS' DADDY pulling his weight all for love.

Leave me a message if you need good help at home and let you have their contact details.

Kisses all round lads : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.