One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 3 May 2015

Sorting The Bathroom Floor

The floor boards are coming up and revealed are the original wide planks that this ex farm building had and fibreglass insulation stuffed between the joists.

Dirty work, and MeWally's gotta do it.

We have a bow in the living room ceiling below, because of a distortion in the joist. We're happy with that, but the sag in the floor above is scary.


MeWally decided to level all the joists by beefing them up by using battens. The bathroom will have a floor as level as a billiard table - hopefully!

 Looking good huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.