One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 8 February 2015

Saw Horse -summer 2014

MeWally needed a saw horse for cutting up fire wood. 
Trouble is we have a tiny house and garden, making storage an issue.


 He decided to make one that would clamp into a workmate.


 It's a good height and stores away
 easily.
 Trouble is, that logs can move about as they're sawn. Not a great idea. So he attached a longish batten using a coach bolt so that the assembly can be easily moved/swung into and out of place.


The batten is tensioned onto the log by a bungee cord (blue line in this picture); one end attached to the batten and the other clipped to a low strut on the workmate.

All works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.