One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 8 February 2015

Finishing off the wall - Summer 2013

To find the right capping stones; that's the challenge.


 Our local stockist with the largest range - IMO - is Chalford Building Supplies


 We left no stone unturned.


 These natural stone slabs were the best for us.


They'll need nifty trimming as the walls are curved, unlike the slabs.
The 30feet/10m run of wall will cost abou 80quid to cap using these slabs. 

Not a bad price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.