One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Turn Around House Monday 22.11.10


Busy this week and this place has to be ready by the 6th of December. 

No Pressure!

On my own today.  


I decided to tidy up, one trip to our house with the wood from the 2 'fitted wardrobes' and two to the tip with all the rubbish.

PHEW!!


Then all curtains taken down and carpet taken up - underlay to be kept.


Bathroom things laid out on the floor of the small bedroom.


Bath ready to be given its' legs so that I can gauge the height for tiling. 


Living room carpet almost folded. I had to lug all the carpet to the car and lump it into the boot on my own. I shall have the muscles of a man at this rate.
 Shame about the state of the underlay. Must've been a great party
: )


Where's all the kit? All in one lockable place. Sadly it's not that secure, but it's the best we can do.


I got on and changed the front door lock and padlocked the garden gate.


On top of all that, men came to measure up and quote for the double glazing and carpets.

I need a rest.

Back on Thursday for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.