One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Tuesday 6.3.10

The electics will be buried under the insulation. I've dug it out and,  for the time being, will surface mount it. Later this floor will be re-wired.



Only need to reveal  enough cable to be able to bring the box out onto the new 'wall'.



Bubble wrap arrived. Oops, sorry, expensive, breathable, hi tech membrane. The 100 hammer fixings arrived too, all 10 of them. Feeling tired now. Can I stop please?

Went and cut up the studding wood. Used most of it already. It was free, scavenged. Probably have to buy the rest as I feel a need for it. Ouch.

Now this floor and the middle one has no lighting circuit. We'd better get on and rewire, because we're relying, here on in, on bedside lights; one in the bathroom and the two in the bedroom. Anyone coming to stay will have to make do and mend!

Return to Muddy Boots homepage  http://bloginell.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.