One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Cold Walls , Cold Heart

Friday 2.3.10 
Good Friday


So MeWally will draw up the required plans for the stairs and I'll get the quotes when the holiday weekend is over.

Then decided to prepare the loft, our bedroom, for the insulation project, on Monday. MeWally will be at work and the materials aren't due to arrive until Tuesday. We might as well be comfortable while we're off for a few days. http://bloginell.blogspot.com

Monday 5.4.10

Got cracking on the loft.

Cover everything that can't easily be put into a dust free spot.



Need to create as much space as possible around the window frames, as the insulation boarding I'm going to use will be quite thick and I don't want it to overlap the glass.  The window reveals  have their plaster removed. It's a good opportunity to check the window lintels and repair them if necessary. Phew, it wasn't necessary.



The window sills will need to be much wider as the walls, once insulated, will appear to be much thicker. So they'll come and and be used elsewhere in the house.



By the end of this rather short working day, I had removed all the plaster from the window areas and the window sills and cleaned the room and taken out the rubbish.

Return to Muddy Boots  http://bloginell.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.