One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Sunday 11 April 2010

Insulating the Walls Of Our Top Floor Saturday 10.4.10

Began by by diluting some PVA and 'painting it onto ther reveals of our 2 windows,



Then I began to 'tack'  the semi permeable insulating membrane to the wall, using mastic. The fact is that just about anything will do for this job, as long as it 's impervious to water and will hold the membrane in place for long enough to get the battening in place,



Now we have a Sci Fi bedroom; NICE!

I've decided to go for lintels over the windows. They'll enhance the cottage look and stop the insulation falling out!  Ones an oak beam I just happened to have hanging around and the other, an old fence post which I've planed and limed. EVEN NICER!!



Tomorrow, with luck I'll Get most of the battening up.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.