One girls DIY restoration of a cottage.

As far as possible we, me and MeWally, want an old age with low, or no, utility bills. We also happen to be stingey with money and will make as much eco stuff as we can and build it all into our tiny house.

So we'll have a comfortable home that's cheap to make and to run. RESULT!!

Monday 12 April 2010

Help Me I'm Stuck In A Snow Drift

Couldn't get into the workshop, because I've dropped my keys in there. The spare set I'm using don't have the right padlock key in amongst them. I was stuck with doing what I could with the equipment I'd already brought into the house.

I did more of yesterdays work, that is putting wood battening onto the walls. Then when I ran out of the RIGHT KIND OF WOOD, I began to cut up and attach the polystyrene to the reveals and the one chimney breast that must have a slim insulating layer. It meant taking off the trim off the walk in wardrobe. Now that looks rough.



Polystyrene lining attached. I decided to use coving glue to attach the polystyrene. The plaster board and the wood for the reveals (tongue and grove) are another puzzle in terms of attachment. But that's for another day.



I was plastered in little white bobbles, as was any plastic sheeting. And as for the floor .........

Return to Home Page - Muddy Boots  http://bloginell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.